Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New cover art

I got to spend the whole day on the 3.03 free beta rulebook... imagine that?  A whole day!

After pushing info around all day, my inner artist was itching to get out, so I decided to spend a few hours tonight refreshing the look of the cover.  This resulted in a tweaked logo too, and certainly did raise my spirits!  I have been staring at the old one for so long.  NOW it feels like Skulldred is rising from the ashes.  Here is a quick taste.



New look, new counters, new cards, new pogs

So the new quickstart cards come with matching pogs, so you can play immediately without any miniatures.  Skulldred uses the top down view of the models base of the miniature for all line of sight tests, not the figure itself... which means you can easily play with counters, papercraft minis or 'pogs'- and of course all your miniatures are legal... regardless of pose, make manufacturer or size.  So long as you can get it on a base, you can play!

(oops- I just noticed this version still has her bum sticking out... I will return her loincloth for the release!)

 The new counters do not have english words on them- no need to translate!  They are also hex shaped and are double sided- so you can flip over a reload to use as a hide counter, for example.

As far as rules go... well, you will just have to wait and see!

Another day on the book tomorrow!



11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to finally checking the game out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've run out of ways to communicate how excited I am about this...

    ...(or so I thought).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks amazingly pretty... And the bum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LEAVE THE BUM!! And about the tokens, they look very nice, but it seems that the rules (2.05) emphasized round bases. Maybe tokens in a similar vein would be better? Looking forward to the new rules, for sure - I've got lots of comments from 2.05 I want to compare to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing. Seriously can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave the Bum! x2 ( Or at least offer it as an alternate for us playtesters )
    Really glad to see this as I am ready to do some more playtesting! Will you have a new unit builder also? I like math free to go as far as possible with my games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the new design. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete