Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nice to meet you!

I think I have most, if not all membership NDA's sent out now- and am very happy to have some cracking questionnaires returned!  Most are very funny and a few are heart warming.  I have a date booked in my calendar to just kick back and follow the links Dredlings have sent me where they hang out!
What's really great is the spread of people joining the playtesting club- folk from all over the world and from various age groups and backgrounds.  Everyone shares the desire to find a hassle free game they can use any miniature from their collection and that requires little effort to dive into, play and pack up after a hard days work.
It also seems that Skulldred has mutated into a family game, with a great many members playing it with their family.  I have taken this feedback most deeply, and have cast aside plans for the 'Dred to have an adult book version and a children friendly version.  I originally found the sterilizing and dumbing down of some games to make the market younger and wider distasteful- and wanted to capture some of the rebellious nature of gaming before that... like the days when rolling criticals in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay made my mates cackle with ghoulish glee... but I have other platforms for that stand.  The Skulldred rulebook will be a single volume that is for all ages.

Well.... maybe the odd chainmail bikini.


Or two.

HELLO FROM MOAB

MOAB (Sydneys big games event) was smaller this year, and I missed the bargains in the bring and buy (and actually put down something I later saw selling on ebay for $$$$- drat).  It was really cool to have a few folk introduce themselves and chat about my blogs, especially Kings Minis as the retro thing is having a huge following at the moment.  I suspect the formula is something like  Ebay + modern painting tutorials + reminiscence + soaring prices of modern crappy cast resin and 4thed DnD horrors= retro lead fans!
Hello to everyone who said hello!



BETA FORUM

So I will be spending more time in the Beta forum... so have placed the button nice and big for you to hit.  If your a playtester, there is a locked forum for feedback and discussions.  You should get the password when you send in the nda, but if I forget just flick me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment